Your business in Tampa just reinvested in its business phone service. Your entire tech has now entered the 21st century. But, is your business in Tampa aware of the etiquette that comes with your new business phone service? Are you and your employees familiar with video conferencing? Well, have no fear! We created a little cheat sheet for you. Video conferencing is an important aspect of business that has really shaped how they communicate. Now that your business in Tampa has a business phone service that has video conferencing, it’s time to learn how to use it properly.
- Dress to impress. Whether you are in the office, at home, or on the road it’s important to dress professionally. You want to avoid looking sloppy, as this may hurt your business. Just pretend that you are meeting face to face.
- Prepare setup beforehand. Make sure you and your employees know how the camera and its service work. If you are frantically fumbling at the last second, it will come off as unprofessional and sloppy. Avoid this by preparing beforehand!
- Calendar event. Send out an email beforehand with all the links and codes necessary for the video conference. This will help everyone prepare beforehand and will also help to avoid tons of emails requesting help.
- Remember the camera is on. You are being watched. So that means you have to be alert and attentive. If you look distracted or you are busy on your phone, everyone will be able to see it.
- Mute yourself when not speaking. Everyone that’s been on a conference call or video will tell you about annoying background noises. If you aren’t required to speak, mute yourself. When prompted just simply unmute and respond.
- Make sure everyone is connected and ready. Take a few minutes before you dive in to ensure that everyone is setup. If you jump straight to the meeting, you could become bogged down with people needing help.
- Screen sharing is a gift. Use screen sharing to help your audience. This can be a very useful tool as it will allow them to follow along with you. This is actually one of the best features of video conferencing!
- Don’t forget to check your lighting and angles. Last but not least, check to make sure your lighting is good. Lighting that is too dark or too light can really throw people off and actually distract them. Additionally, make sure the camera angle is centered and focused on you. If everyone can see your kitchen in the background, then they are going to be distracted.
Want to learn more? Contact us today at (813) 734-8994 and learn how PBX-Change can help your business.